Yes, a mouse, and probably its whole schmanking family.
Jason walked into the kitchen this afternoon (shouldn't they do their sneaking at night?) to a mouse on, of all places, the oven! And nibbling on Brianna's homemade bread.
Ugh! It slipped out of site through a crack between the burners and the backboard (or whatever you call it) with all the buttons on it-I'd never seen that crack until today. It happened quick enough that Jason questioned if it was a hallucination….(but since those days are behind him) we double-checked and sure enough there was evidence under the stove. While Jason and I came up with a strategy- he held the broom and I, the empty wastebasket- Nakiah wanted to lay food out for what was sure to be her newest talking friend. She was living a scene right out of Ratatouille, and determined to be the nice guy!
Now we are fully loaded with mouse traps and smothered in the smell of peppermint oil all through the house (They should really make that in a bottle larger than 1 oz. for this very occasion). And I am persistently trying to convince my hubby that we need a second cat.
Don't take it personally, Faye.
Funny, this happened right after I read Sarah's comment—I was walking down the stairs trying to think up a reply to her use of the term "infestation" when I found Jason staring wide-eyed at the stove. I think this is the best reply I can give……
3 comments:
EEEKKK meeses ick. Are you putting the peppermint oil between the 'crack' and hte burners and along baseboards and any cracks or holes you can see? How bout in lower cupboards.
I know the peppermint stuff works. I once sprinkled some all over the garage and actually hit a mice under hte work bench and it ran out of the garage squealing like it was on fire!!!
Aim to hit-that's what I'll do!
Yes, I applied it liberally, but your thorough directions will naturally make me want to go redo it.
The problem is that it wears off and you have to keep applying it.
The girls will have strange memories of me carrying out my obsessive compulsive routine of sprinkling peppermint oil all through the house.
Aahh, peppermint, they'll say, the smell of mother's paranoia.
Just for the record - an "infestation" of our family would never result in me reaching for the peppermint oil...maybe a little peppermint schnapps though. Seriously now, I never would have used that term if I had known it would bring you mice and me carpenter ants within the same couple days.
Post a Comment